The following are links to documents/presentations with useful information on IPv6:
Most Up To Date Books
Internet2/ESnet Joint Techs Workshops Presentations
- http://www.internet2.edu/presentations/jt2010july/20100714-whinery-roguerasniping.pdf Rogue RA Sniping with Scapy, July 2010 (Alan Whinery - lightning talk)]
- Making Your Campus Safe for Google DNS Whitelisting, July 2010 (David Farmer - lightning talk)
- Monitoring IPv6 Content Reachability and Accessibility, July 2010 (Roch Guerin, Shumon Huque)
- IPv6 Campus Deployment Updates panel, February 2010 (Shumon Huque, Alan Whinery, Randy Bush)
- IPv6 SNMP Network Management, February 2010 (Jon Dugan)
- DREN IPv6 Update, February 2010 (Ron Broersma)
- IPv6 in the UNAM Campus, February 2010 (Azael Fernandez)
- IPv6 Deployment in the Greek Student Network
- IPv6 Challenge: Coming Soon to a Network Near You!
- Migration or Stagflation: IPv6, Protocol Number Resource Management, and the Future of the Internet
- If We Deploy IPv6, Will It Help or Hurt Our Security?
- Campus IPv6 Deployment
- IPv6 Transition Experience
- Campus IPv6 Addressing Plans
- Enabling IPv6 in Products and Services
- Forcing the Issue: A Campus's (Ongoing) Experience in IPv6 Deployment
- IPv6 Autoconfiguration: Plug & Play Dream or Security Nightmare?
Internet2/ESnet Joint Techs - DREN IPv6 Implementation Updates
Joint NANOG/ARIN IPv6 Tutorials and Workshop Presentations
Relevant NANOG Presentations
Following is a list of IPv6 presentations given at NANOG meetings
over the past several years. All the links go to the NANOG conference
page which usually contains a link to presentation slides as well as
recorded video of the presentation.
This list was selected from the NANOG presentations archive.
- IPv6 Transition & Operational Reality, Randy Bush, IIJ. NANOG 41, October 2007.
- IPv6 Technical Issues Panel, Moderator: Joel Jaeggli. NANOG 41, October 2007
- IPv6 Multihoming, by Marla Azinger, Frontier Communications. NANOG 38, October 2006.
- Pragmatismv6: a Grown-up, Critical Examination of IPv6, by Todd Underwood Renesys, moderator; Daniel Golding,Tier 1 Research; David Meyer, Cisco, University of Oregon; Jason Schiller, Verizon Business. NANOG 38, October 2006.
- Open issues with ipv6 routing/multihoming, by Jason Schiller, UUNET/Verizon. NANOG 37, June 2006.
- IAB IPv6 Multihoming BOF, Dave Meyer, Cisco, moderator. NANOG 35, October 2005.
- IPv6 Deployment Issues: A Tier 1 Perspective, by Stewart Bamford, Level3. NANOG 35, October 2005.
- Tutorial: Getting Started with IPv6. Level: Introductory. Jordi Palet, Consulintel. NANOG 35, October 2005.
- Inter-AS Traffic Engineering Case Studies as Requirements for IPv6 Multihoming Solutions, by Jason Schiller, UUNET.
- IPv6 - Evolutionary Issues and Challenges, by Udo Steinegger, Cable & Wireless. NANOG 34, May 2005.
- Tutorial: IPv6 Deployment and Case Studies, by Salman Asadullah and Ciprian Popoviciu, Cisco. Level: Introductory/Intermediate. NANOG 32, October 2004.
- Network Augmentation Panel: Experiences in Adding IPv6 Services & Support to Existing IPv4 Networks. Bill Manning, moderator; Rob Rockell, Sprint; Brent Sweeny, Internet2 NOC; Ed Lewis, ARIN. NANOG 31, May 2004.
- IPv6 IPv4 Threat Comparison, by Darrin Miller and Sean Convery, Cisco. NANOG 31, May 2004.
- Overview of the Global IPv6 Routing Table, Gert Doering, SpaceNet AG, Munich, author. Cathy Wittbrodt, presenter. NANOG 29, October 2003.
- Tutorial: Issues in IPv6 Deployment, by Jeff Doyle. Level: Introductory. NANOG 28, June 2003.
- IPv4/IPv6 Dual-Stack on Abilene, by Grover Browning, Indiana University. NANOG 28, June 2003.
- Operational Testing of DNS Resources - IPv6/DNS Symbiosis, by Bill Manning. NANOG 27, February 2003.
- IPv6 Deployment Concepts, by Tony Hain, Cisco. Tutorial, NANOG 27, February 2003.
- Commercial IPv6 Deployment by ISPs in Japan, by J. Hagino, IIJ/KAME. NANOG 26, October 2002.
- Experiences With Developing, Testing, Planning, and Operating IPv6-Enabled Nameservers, by Paul Vixie, ISC. NANOG 26, October 2002.
- IPv6 Impressions: ARIN Update and Routing Table Overview, by Cathy Wittbrodt, Packet Design. NANOG 26, October 2002.
- IPv6 Basics (Tutorial), by Tony Hain, Cisco. NANOG 26, October 2002.
- Operational Experience with IPv6 Migration, by Akira Kato, ISI. NANOG 22, May 2001.
- IPv6 in Mobile Wireless Networking, by Dana Blair, Cisco. NANOG 21, February 2001.
- IPv6: Why, What, When, Where? (Tutorial), by Steve Deering, Cisco. NANOG 19, June 2000.
- IPv6 Update / ARIN IPv6 Delegation Status, by Bill Manning, ISI, and Michael O'Neill, ARIN. Presentation includes "Penetration Rate of Private Address Space," "Current Use of IPv6 Address Space," and "ARIN IPv6 Delegation Status." NANOG 19, June 2000.
- Panel: Operational Experience with IPv6. Bob Fink, Lawrence Berkeley National Lab (moderator), Rob Rockell, Sprint, Greg Miller, MCI WorldCom, Bill Maton, Communications Research Centre, Sean Mentzer, Qwest. NANOG 19, June 2000.
Google Tech Talks
IETF v6ops Working Group RFCs
This working group is chartered to develop and publish guidelines for operation of a shared v6/v4 Internet. There are also some Internet Drafts available at the WG website which may be useful.
Relevant RIPE NCC Presentations
- [ RIPE Labs - IPv6 CPE survey|http://www.ripe.net/meetings/regional/moscow-2010/presentations/MH-LABS-CPE-20100905.pdf] (213 KB)
- IPv6 implementation AS8359 (281 KB)
Please add links to other useful documents and presentations.