Role of the Collective Community
Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
The content of this website is generated and maintained, in part, by the Internet number resource community members through consensus and open collaboration. Its purpose is to provide interested individuals in the community an opportunity to collaborate on subject matter pertaining to IPv6. Anything posted to this website must relate to IPv6 issues and topics generally considered to be current and relevant. The focus of this website is implementation and migration of IPv6 in the ARIN region, but content related to experiences outside the ARIN region is allowed.
The following policies have been established to allow for the effective exchange of information in a responsible way by interested parties. These policies must be strictly adhered to in order to keep this website as an effective open forum and useful resource.
- All articles and content must relate specifically to IPv6 topics and issues. Postings not directly related to the use of IPv6 and/or Internet number resource policies as they relate to IPv6 are prohibited.
- Independent issues not affecting the larger Internet number resource community are not appropriate, nor are comments of a personal nature.
- Use or distribution of others' comments or content of this site for any purpose other than to discuss relevant issues pertaining to IPv6, or for the free and unrestricted distribution of the content of this site is not permissible.
- Any unprofessional or confrontational comments showing a lack of respect, such as using foul or abusive language or attacking someone's character, will not be tolerated.
- Overuse of the privilege of posting content or making comments, flooding of articles or comments/e-mails to registered users of the site, contacting other registered users for the purpose of sales or marketing of services, or any other form of spamming is strictly prohibited.
- Marketing of products or advertising of any kind, whether for business or employment purposes, is not allowed.
- The promotion of political views is not appropriate.
- Attempts to obtain e-mail addresses for any purpose other than for which the wiki was designed is prohibited.
- Content that is the owned intellectual property of a specific user or organization, and that is posted without the explicit permission of the owner of the intellectual property, is strictly prohibited.
Violators of any of the above policies will be contacted and asked to adhere to the policy. Offensive content will be removed. If a user persists in violating the policy, ARIN staff will take steps to prohibit the user, whether associated with a registered user account or IP address, from participating on this website . Thank you for your participation and cooperation.