United States Government
The United States federal government has taken a three prong approach to IPv6.
- Military networks: Transition mandated by the Department of Defense
- Civilian government agency networks: Transition mandated by the White House
- Private networks: The Department of Commerce concluded in 2005 that the transition should be left to market forces, with the believe that US government transition efforts (DOD and civilian) would help drive the market.
In the process of transition, the US Government has produced a significant amount of documentation concerning implementation, testing, security, and other issues, that may be useful to other networks. These documents have been listed and linked on this wiki.
Federal Agency with Responsibility
- NSA |
Private Networks (US IPv6 Policy)
- Department of Commerce, National Telecommunications and Information Agency
- Federal Communications Commission
- NTIA Office of International Affairs
- Department of State |