Operational transition information
From ARIN IPv6 Wiki
- There is a site on operations transition information at http://civil-tongue.net/clusterf/
- V6 Ops Transition Reality Presentation - http://rip.psg.com/~randy/080312.cenic-v6-op-reality.pdf
- Many ISPs will find NAT-PT to be useful. Iljitsch Beijnum describes a modified NAT-PT.
- Most ISPs should set up various Relay Services to give the best connectivity to the v4/v6 Internet.
- There is some excellent guidance on IPv6 from the APNIC community
- Proxying will be useful to allow v4 and v6 hosts to communicate. However it is not necessary to implement a special proxy for every protocol if you have a web proxy that supports the HTTP CONNECT method.
- There are some subtle issues with Enabling IPv6 on a Mail Server.
- The IETF has published RFC 5211 by John Curran which outlines one possible timeline for transition of the Internet to IPv6.
- Andy Davidson, of NetSumo ISP Consultancy in the UK, discusses the IPv6 deployment they have done within their own organisation and for their customers. Video here on YouTube
- Voxel's blog provides perspective into a Internet Infrastructure/hosting company IPv6 migration http://www.voxel.net/blog/2009/10/blog6-voxel-ipv6-update
- Zahid Ghadialy's Blog entry on IPv6 Transition for 3G and 4G cellular networks
- Cisco Tutorial on IPv6 Transition
- Discussion of IPv6 Deployment and Performance