IPv6 at ARIN XXI/Main-Event
From ARIN IPv6 Wiki
- Still "just works".
- Same caveats as in the pre-game.
- Google Earth works, although it's almost certainly not native.
- Brand new XP install connected without issue to the XP network.
- IM (AOL/Trillian) or MSN (Native Client) didn't connect
- PPTP does not work
- Youtube videos do not play
- Firefox and IE seem fine.
- IMAP/SMTP via Thunderbird using SSL/TLS works
- Windows Media Player 10 can stream audio (http/mp3) from a native IPv6 web server
- Was able to connect only after the following:
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600] (C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp. C:\Documents and Settings\cgrundemann>netsh interface ipv6 install An extended error has occurred. C:\Documents and Settings\cgrundemann>esentutl /p %windir%\security\Database\secedit.sdb [...] Operation completed successfully in 5.141 seconds. C:\Documents and Settings\cgrundemann>netsh interface ipv6 install Ok. C:\Documents and Settings\cgrundemann>
- Firefox and IE both working
- As expected: no IM (Pidgen with AIM, Yahoo and Google accounts), corporate VPN not available
- Downloaded a PDF from APNICs site
- Was able to login (both individual and chapter admin) and navigate www.ISOC.org - everything seems to work!
- Was able to log in and post to a Word Press weblog hosted by NearlyFreeSpeech.net
- See pre-game for already-known issues.
- Add a comment!
- Add a comment!
- Note: The link for the linux NAT-PT software in the preso was wrong. Correct URL is http://www.lucastomicki.net/naptd.php
- Flash details: Flash Media Server 3 will support v6, but I can't find evidence that the client will anytime soon.